Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Greetings!!!

Repost from last year, because it all still holds true:

In the Scanlon household, Saint Patrick's Day was a great day. Dad took the day off from IBM and spent a lot of the day celebrating at the Winooski Knights of Columbus, where he declared everyone Irish for the day. As seen below, I was mighty proud of making the green cake and cupcakes.

The above picture is of my family in 1973. I'm the kid in front. The rest are my Dad, my Mom, and top row are my siblings Chris, Bob and Maureen. My brother Jim was away at college. Despite my siblings refusing to all wear hats, I loved mine.

I didn't make any green cupcakes today, but I've made a lot of corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes. Topped off with some yummy Irish Soda bread. We've also got some darn good Irish Beef Stew (made with Guiness of course) I've got to admit we never had soda bread in my house. Too bad, because it's mighty fine.



No comments: